Tuesday, August 30, 2005

THE INEVITABLES

I remember reading this saying once in my younger days, “When rape is inevitable, just stay back and enjoy it”.
Whoa, I think this is optimism at its height. Just think your self doing that!...(of course, in a women’s point of view). It is never easy to accept. I think this is quitting or giving up told in a refined way, a way to accept our defeat, a way to take positives from negatives.

There will be days when we cannot put up a fight or given up after a fight and in those situations, it’s better to remember these lines. I think it is not forgettable; it has stayed in my mind for years.

I remember these lines when I was told to visit relative’s functions & other places which I don’t enjoy due to compulsion of my parents. I remember these lines when I was told to do things which I don’t like, and not given the option to choose or oppose.

In general arena, I think we all can apply this for our Indian politics, as we can do nothing about it. Only take the positives…right!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leaving aside rape, Do you actually enjoy doing things when you are forced to. I felt bala's views to be hypocritical even then. No point in faking enjoyment or anguish, right?

10:23 AM  
Blogger Ramo said...

That the case prasanna, we don't enjoy but we end up doing it (and as said no option to choose). We find so many such situations, may be I have found.

Should we resist and end in more pain rather accept and see the good things in it and pass by it.

May be I am catching a wrong tail...May be I am becoming more negative...???

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch Gandhi or read Freedom at midnight

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home