Thursday, September 22, 2005

Whatz ur position?

When or with whom you sleep doesn’t matter here…but how you sleep may just tell other person who you are…
When I woke up one day last week, I found a terrible pain that ran through my body. It did not take much time for me to figure that abrupt position during sleep has caused the pain… 'may be it is a odd day', I told myself and no much thought went after it…
Next day my position was even more abrupt and it continued for the rest of the week… I sensed that my sleeping positon has changed in me… I gave a thought on it... 'I am on a restless phase of my career'...may be it has some thing to do with this... May be we have connections to our sleep position to our mind.
So I googled to find is there any relation b/w sleeping position & mind. I did not get an appropriate answer but landed on this site. If you find opening links painstacking...which you will, let me give you a brief synopsis here.

Professor Idzikowski have found that the position each person assumes during sleep is relational to their character.
The Foetus: tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax.
Log: These sleepers are easy going, social people who like being part of the in-crowd, and who are trusting of strangers. However, they may be gullible.
The yearner: said to have an open nature, but can be suspicious, cynical. They are slow to make up their minds, but once they have taken a decision, they are unlikely ever to change it.
Soldier: People who sleep in this position are generally quiet and reserved. They don't like a fuss, but set themselves and others high standards.
Freefall: Often gregarious and brash people, but can be nervy and thin-skinned underneath, and don't like criticism, or extreme situations.
Starfish: These sleepers make good friends because they are always ready to listen to others, and offer help when needed. They generally don't like to be the centre of attention.
He concluded that the freefall position was good for digestion, while the starfish and soldier positions were more likely to lead to snoring and a bad night's sleep. "Lying down flat means that stomach contents can more readily be worked back up into the mouth, while those who lie on their back may end up snoring and breathing less well during the night. "Both these postures may not necessarily awaken the sleeper but could cause a less refreshing night's sleep." The research also found that most people are unlikely to change their sleeping position. Just 5% said they sleep in a different position every night.
That’s enough for me to kindle my interest to find how I sleep… That week end when I went to my sister’s house, I told her to mark my sleep position and even suggested to use the cam corder…Next day, Ii was curious to find which category I fall into and inquired her. But she told that my position does not resemble like anything in the picture and it may be close to mixing foetus and free falling position (!?)…May be I am unique…I thought...convinced???

But she next added that I was all over my co-sleeper (there was only one free bed and my poor cousin has to share it with me) whom I had kicked to the verge of the bed leaving most of the bed unoccupied…Now,... where can I find this Professor Idzikowski to expain this?…

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeevan said...

In your cartoon i sleep like 3rd cartoon.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do freefall, more because of my kutti tummy and the way it gets rested in my extra pillow. ultimate coziness there.. also because i am used to resting a foot and an arm over a pillow when i sleep. Now you tell me whether the character type suits me :)

9:44 PM  
Blogger AkaRound Peg said...

Interesting blog, but what language do you switch to? Frankly, I find reading other languages in the Roman Script very difficult.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Ramo said...

@Jeevan: Then you are very open type aa.

@Prasanna:Characters paartha unakku suit avala...Nervy????May be prof should have elaborated more..

8:25 AM  
Blogger Ramo said...

@roundpeg: its tamil...Being a Banglorite you should have known that...hey I find u r from muscat??

8:29 AM  
Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

Interesting...!! I don't sleep in any of these poses.!!

But, I like to sleep on my back..!!! it makes me feel light in the morning with no soreness in my muscles.!!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Ramo said...

@Venkitu Sir: is sleeping on back not same as starfish position..Just check back..

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home