Saturday, September 24, 2005

Theory of Continuity!

Have you noticed this….You yawn and the person next to you yawns instanteously… I am tired, sleepy and lack oxygen o.k.. but the other person who just came with lung full of oxygen yawns back like repeating a hello!....
lets see another case…you hum a song and the you notice that your accomplice hums the same song during the conversation like a successor who claims the throne….why?…lets cut to another location…. you find yourself humming a crapy tune your friend has just whistled and wonder where it came from…Whatz that?…Theory of continuity… and me, Ramostein is finding it more amusing than anyone else in the world…

“When you have same wavelength with the other person, its common” you may argue…but believe me it works in same way with others too…

Once I was humming a sub-standard song and my friend found it totally nutty to hum a song like that…”Damn! Where did you get that from” he yelled…

Don’t know… just heard from so & so and has got in to me” I snapped…and to make it worse I hummed again and it really took an effort to get away with it….

So this theory of continuity is still continuing in our life’s and we don’t even notice about it (very importanta! @$^&*!)…After all life is to wonder these tiny amusements na..

What may be the reason behind this…I am not a Dr. Rudran, but let me give a try…

Our subconscious mind is always under surveillance …it sees the other person and absorbs substances beyond our conversations…thus we assume body postures during conversations…congruent to the posture of the speaker, if we comply or cross our legs, fold our hands that is equal to screaming “I don’t agree with you crap!”…and this same subconscious pick up these hummings too and replays back even if you dont intend too…the chapter of subconscious itself is voluminous and this may be leaf from it (idiom? metaphor?...good na!)

So next time when you indulge in conversation watch out for the application of this theory of continuity and provide royalty to me…But when it comes to yawning I cannot figure out the reason and if you can… yawn yourself at the comments sections and I will yawn back too…

3 Comments:

Blogger nandini said...

You know that's actually happened to me! I'll be walking along and humming a ong...and the next person I meet will be singing the same thing...now how does that happen?

4:12 AM  
Blogger Jeevan said...

It is nature ti also happens in my life.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

Interesting...I think that these can be called coincidences.! Some might call it Telepathy or whatever.

About Yawning - I bet I don't do that.!! I've tested it several times...!! Even if 1 Million people come and yawn in front of me, I won't..( Unless I am totally tired).

About songs, etc..I've experienced all those as well...but IMHO, I think they are coincidental.!!

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home